Tuesday, May 15, 2007

GIBercising on a sleepy morning...

Deal 1:
Here are the hands:


and this is what my GIBbie and I came up with:


How to reach 6C here?
P.S. Ooooooooooooops... Do we really need 6C... On a spade lead even 5C can go down. But then why didn't the GIB opps lead a spade?

*****

Deal 2:
To open or not to open?



The actual bidding went on like this (and I regretted being a good lil girl again...)



Both hands:



*****

Deal 3:


What now? 3D is alerted as "New Suit, 4+ D, 5+ S, 10 + points.
5S supposedly means 18+ points - must be grand slam try.
Chickened, and left it rest at 6S - one top honour in the trump suit; on the other And I keep missing slams... the traveller shows someone made 7NTxx for 18 imps!

The complete deal:



*****

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just some comments:

Deal 1: 5C is plenty high :)

Deal 2: Sigh, I'm always ambivalent about these types of hands. Marty Bergen says open; I just open if the mood seizes me.

Deal 3: Pass after the double. You are no longer obligated to complete the transfer, and it is common not to do so unless you have a fit with your partner.

-Chris

Anonymous said...

Wait, you didn't miss the slam on the 3rd deal, you're in 6S!

If you're suggesting you should've been in 7, how would you react when the opps lead out the heart ace? :)

-goobs

fractal said...

"If you're suggesting you should've been in 7, how would you react when the opps lead out the heart ace? :)"
I would faint... And have my apologies ready, I guess...