Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The butterfly effect

This is what I looked like the last couple of days - except my hair stood on end, the way it does when you plug into a wall socket (supposedly).
And it all started last week when a BBO pal misunderstood me and walked out. I got upset and misplaced a flash drive with over 2 GBs of data and the back-up files for over 150 pages of a crappy translation that had to be submitted. Needless to say, the deadline was THAT day, and I had no other back-up files... While searching for the flash-drive (why do they make them the size of a key-holder... normal brick-sizeful would be visually nice and reassuringly heavy, for starters... go misplace a log like that...well, maybe I could...). Then I dropped the external CD recorder. This freaked me out even more, and voila, the coffee mug tipped all over the keyboard. The mouse seemed ok but it stopped working a couple of hours later. Phone and mobile kept ringing, family were doing something that resembled Star Wars in the background, and the damn flash-drive was nowhere in sight. It did come up just in time; however, the whole week seemed hell-bent to continue that way. Until yesterday. Then I managed to get 16 hours of happy brain-dead sleep. Back on track now.
Optimistically, it could get much much worse - remember Terry Gilliam's Brazil? Watch that fly - and, if you haven't seen the film yet, maybe you could rent it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fractal: http://pitchforkmedia.imeem.com/video/QhVXDLl9/take_time/

fractal said...

LOL.... Great clip, ty :)